Saturday 15 September 2012

Reflections on the past week

Jacqui states:
This was my last week in work.  I had a final hand over meeting with Pat on Monday.  I hope I have left the course in a manageable form for others to take over but I am also aware that I have been running this course for so long now that a lot of the information is second nature to me and it is not always easy to capture everything on paper.  Still I will at least be around to answer any queries via e mail etc. Tuesday: Daxa, my closest work colleague came into work - we are going to miss each other.  Twelve of us went out at lunchtime to the Mainwaring - our original Friday lunchtime pub.  It was good to go back there for a final meal.  Mike came to, and it was nice to have him around when I was presented with some leaving presents for the van  - a door mat and barbeque and some wine.  I do get rather embarassed with this type of thing.  It is lovely to be remembered by people but I do feel I am the lucky one who is about to embark on this adventure. Thursday: Pat had arranged for us to go to Hoar Cross Hall for an 'away day'.  The day gave us time to reflect on our courses and postgrad education but for me it was a special time that I could spend with colleagues I have worked close with over the past twelve years. Again I was embarrassed by their kind words and gifts.
Friday, my last morning at Keele.  It felt very strange buckling up my seat belt to drive into work knowing that it will be the last time for some months.  In the afternoon I went over to the practice.  Half way through surgery I was pulled out and told to go reception for another presentation from both the doctors and practice staff.  I really dont feel I deserve all this attention but at the same time it is nice to know that your work has been appreciated.
Today is Saturday and although this would be a non working day I have woken up thinking that I am now no longer tied to driving into work each day.  It is a lovely thought.  I cant wait to get away now but it is still two weeks away.  Looking forward to seeing Richard and Louise next week though.

No comments:

Post a Comment